Thursday, January 21, 2010

2010 Book Review #2 "In His Holy Name"

Hmmmm, I don't know what to think about this book.
I really looked forward to getting it, reading it and enjoying it.
I love to hear this author speak, he is truly one of my favorites.
BUT this book, well I'll be honest
is over my head, at least that time being!
I don't know if over my head is the right term, it addresses questions that I simply don't have.
I thought it was going to be more of a self help book whereas it was a teaching manual.
It discusses the uses, meaning and concepts of the name of the Savior. How we use the name of the Savior through the scriptures, prayers and in our church meetings.
Interesting in the latter chapters of the book, but too technical for me in the beginning.
If you in the right place in your life (and have questions of why we use the name of the Savior in the ways that we do) then by all means read it (you can borrow mine), but if you're looking for entertainment this isn't your book.

No comments: