Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"I want what they're having!"

Yesterday when G came in after school he took one whiff of the wonderful aroma of the kitchen, and ask "What's that smell I smell?" I had to disappoint him by saying that I was fixing Roast, potatoes and carrots for the Moala family. They're mom had knee surgery and we taking supper to them.

He helped deliver the meal and enjoyed visiting with his friends (the kids).

Then I came home and started our supper, French Fried Onion Crusted Chicken and rice. A lovely meal, if I do say so myself.

As G sat down for supper, he looked a little forlorn and said "I wish I was eating with Moala's" I wasn't disappointed in this because I, too, wanted to eating roast, potatoes and carrots!

Tonight we're having that meal, plus homemade bread. I haven't made homemade bread in ages....I don't know if I've ever made homemade bread, now that I think of it.

I found this recipe for Miracle bread that sounded just too good to be true! Well, it's not. You could have homemade bread in just over an hour......well, I let mine rise for about an hour so it took a bit longer. If you have a warm house it would be an hour.

Did you look over the recipe? super simple, just dump it in the mixer bowl and mix! WOW! this could revolutionize my kitchen (and my diet)

No comments: