Monday, February 1, 2010

21 Days Closer to Christ

I decided to start this book on the
First day of February instead of last week.
Just easier.
I'll be jotting down the highlights of my daily reading
mostly because it helps me retain it more
if I've written it down after I've read it.

Day 1
"Come and See"
(Mark 1:16-18 and John 1:38-39)
"My desire today is for all of us ... to have a more straightforward personal experience with the Savior's example. Sometimes we seek heaven too obliquely, focusing on programs or history or the experience of others. Those are important but not as important as personal experiences, true discipleship and the strength that comes from experiencing firsthand the majesty of His touch."
(Broken things to Mend by Jeffery R Holland)
*Determine what fills your nets.
Are everyday challenges such as time constraints, demands from work or home, or feelings of inadequacy or fear holding you back from developing a relationship with Christ.
*Today try to listen
for the quiet invitations from the Lord to
come and see.
(taken from the book "21 days Closer to Christ)

No comments: