Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

Today was my turn to speak in church.
For those of you that might not attend services in the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, we have no paid ministry, so that means that we take turns 'preaching', only we don't call it preaching, it just giving a talk!

I was given a topic "Being my Brother's keeper" and I decided to speak about giving service to those around us.

I based my talk from this TALK.

The gems that I found while doing research for this talk were

**Being accountable daily to this question "What did I do for someone today?"
**What are the non essential things that clutter your days and steal your time?
**What are the habits you may have developed that do not serve a useful purpose?

I think these questions can really make a positive impact on our lives!

**I also have to share with you the work of the Lord in my talk. I had my talk put together but it just wasn't quite long enough (it was 10 minutes and not the 13 to 15 that I'd be assigned). I struggled all Saturday morning with trying to add to this talk. I finally just settled on some things and left it alone. I wasn't really happy with that portion but just continued to pray about it. I finally realized that I was speaking with a return missionary and I should just give my talk, without the recently added parts and let the young missionary have more time to talk. I knew instantly that that was what the Lord needed me to do!**

1 comment:

Sandra said...

wish I would have just bucked up and gone to church to hear your talk!