Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday's Ramblings ~ things heard from my boys

#1
Yesterday Hubby spoke in Church, during his talk he stated that he was about to quote the Chinese Philosophiser, Confucius. Just as Hubby was stating this G turned to me and started laughing, saying .."Dad shouldn't speak in Chinese, he really needs to stick to English."

HUH?? Silly Boy
#2
Today, I texted W asking him if he was going to be home for supper?

W's text ~ "yes, I'll be there, and G really needs a hair cut today"
I stopped to make sure it was W I was chatting with, I though maybe it was Hubby, but no it was W!
Me ~ "G is in a long hair stage right now"
story enhanced ~ last night we had a thunderstorm and G went downstairs to sleep in W's room.
W ~ "He walked into my room last night with only his underwear on and it looked like he had a motorcycle helmet on."

I started laughing hysterical, I couldn't look at poor G with his puffy hair. I then told him we had to 'shape up' his hair.

When I texted W back to say the job was done, he asked "How short?"

Background to the next story .....Last year around Christmas W was shopping and signed up to get Sports Illustrated for free (for 3 mos), Sports Illustrated sent us a card about making sure it was cancelled by Feb 1st. I was hopped up on shoulder narcotics around then so the subscription continued. G has just absorbed this magazine every week. So I went to the Library to get some Sports Illustrated for Kids. He liked those so I got him a subscription to that and planned to cancel the regular Sports Illustrated after March Madness's College Basketball issues.

#3
I was totally waiting for the Sports Illustrated swim suit edition so I could make sure that G didn't get it! Fortunately for us the mail came early that day and we were in the car together when G got it out of the mailbox. With only the swiftness of a mom on a mission, I swooped in and grabbed the magazine before the boy even knew what had hit him! I hid all the mail until the next morning after G had gone to school! When I pulled out the pile of mail and handed it to Hubby, his eye got huge! in a stern voice he asked, "Who bought this?" I reminded him that we had a subscription .... with even bigger eyes ...."They send THIS with the little kid's subscription?" I corrected his thoughts before his eyes fell out of this head! He was so funny!

No comments: