Thursday, October 9, 2008

Adventures in Subbing #5

I basically sub at only 2 schools (well, with a couple of times at another one).

The first school, my favorite is newer, built within the last 10 years. It has nice wide hallways, pretty fun murals on the walls, and nice teacher's bathrooms. Yes, you read that right ~ I'm impressed with the teacher's bathroom. There is a teacher's bathroom, a big bathroom probably an 8 x 10 room (that's feet not inches)in every pod. So you're not very far from any bathroom. One of the bathrooms in the second grade pod has a picture on the wall that I believe we had on our wall while I was growing up! Another bathroom has nice lace linens and silk flowers with lotions. It is a real pleasure to use these bathrooms.

Now, the other school....... sigh......... it was build maybe in the 70's. Cinder block walls, narrow hallways, and NO teacher's bathrooms. A teacher in this building has to use the student bathrooms..... heavy sigh.......Now I'm sure you can image.... it's a stall (painted bright red, nice color I'll give them that) but it's a stall made for a 10 year girl. I think my hips touch the stall walls while I'm in there! OK... maybe not but it's tight in there. I won't go into more detail (but the ladies will understand) you either sit down or you stand there is NO in the middle or your head is resting on the door! Not a place to hang your purse, because a 10 year girl wouldn't have a purse! Oh, it's a challenge all the way around.

I try not to go the bathroom in that school! Sometimes a challenge I can remember when I was in elementary school and was shocked to see a teacher in the bathroom, actually using the bathroom (coming out of a stall). I can remember Mrs Johnson! Oh, my goodness SHE used the bathroom, how can that be. I certainly don't want to go down in some one's history as the "sub that used the bathroom"! FYI ~ I also saw Mrs Johnson smoking..... I'm safe at that one!

No comments: