Friday, October 24, 2008

Wednesday

ADVENTURE IN SUBBING #6
(or volunteering)
I had been extremely generous with my time when school started and filled out the volunteer sheet with "Whatever you need"........ So today I volunteered to help with vision screenings!

but I have some questions......

When you're testing the vision of a 3rd grader are you suppose to be able to see the chart at a distance? or can you cheat and sit half way to the chart, but then when you can't hear what they're saying can you ask them to yell the letters to you? disclaimer... it was in a multipurpose room so the space was big and some little girls don't talk every loud~ or I'm old!

When they're reading the near vision do you have to be able to see those teeny tiny letters or can you use a cheat sheet?

Other GREAT NEWS of the day......
G make it through the class spell off and gets to go the 3rd grade Spelling Bee! Just on the month that we didn't study!

I finished the day ~ going to a Senior Parent's meeting.... I can't wait for this boy to graduate so I stop going to Senior Meetings! Just kidding but it was cold, rainy and I'm not real sure I learned anything new!?

No comments: