Friday, October 24, 2008

Thursday and Friday

Adentures in Subbing #7

I subbed 3rd grade both days.

I'd been asked to sub on Thursday a few ago (the teacher had a training meeting)

but Friday's was a sick call at 6am!

You know once you've heard how sick the teacher was yesterday and how glad everyone is that she stayed home.... you begin to wonder just how many germs ARE on her desk, her pen, her papers, her computer........ About 10 I had 'talked' myself into not feeling well either, but then I snapped out of it by thinking of just how much I have to do this weekend and next week.... no time to be sick (no matter just how many germs were lurking around)!



Tonight when W came home, he came in with a letter from a college. The letter had been mailed to the school (like all letters of interest), The excitement began to build... someone was looking at him and was extending a letter of interest...... but then he told me it wasn't soccer it was.......
track.
TRACK?
TRACK AND FIELD?
huh? then he tells me that there were 4 students that got letters from this college. 2 of them had gone to state then 2 more (W and another girl) that hadn't gone to state but had gone to regional.
TRACK REALLY?
This made me think, I need to use this boy's assets to get the best of the college's interest... Soccer, Art, music and track.
He could be an a$$et to $everal area$ at a $mall college!
**Oh, he's drawn another political cartoon for the HS paper... I believe the title is to be
"What if Sarah Palin gets into the White house"
he certainly has her likeness down! I'll see if I can post it when it comes out!

No comments: