Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween '08

well, no pictures of customes.... several of us are a bit under the weather so ... it's just get it done year! Sad but true.

G headed off to school this morning dressed as Star War's "Darth Vader" and I'm sure an entire day of joy!

I'd been working on a surprise costume for myself. G didn't know and I thought he'd be surprised that I'd even dressed up! I gathered an old laundry basket, cut the bottom out of it, then started pinning clothes to it. I hung the basket over my shoulders and then draped a towel over my shoulders, hung a sock from a head band, strapped on fairy wings... and WA-LA...
the Laundry Fairy!

Adults loved it, kids thought it was weird to be a basket of laundry!

I asked G if he was surprised.... "nope, you dress up all the time." (HUH?)

When I asked him, "When had I ever dressed up?"

"Mom, you dressed up in Kindergarten"

I'd forgotten.... I'd worn the fairy wings that year also!

Oh, well......

G chose to wear an old custome for Trick or Treat , still Star Wars but now a Clone Trooper! Fortunately for me he chose a long street with only a slight slope. In the past years he's chosen a street that is UP and Down, UP and Down, it seems to me there are a lot more UPs than downs! He was done in 35 minutes... YEAH!

The weather was warm I wore a light sweat shirt with my favorite flips flops, and G without a jacket! It was all good! It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is NOVEMBER 1!

No comments: