Monday, October 6, 2008

What's for supper?

Tonight it's rainy so it's soup night. I got this recipe years ago from my friend, Lisa Jordan. She lived upstairs from us when we lived in the apartments... yes, that long ago.

Cheese Chowder.
1 onion
1 garlic clove
1 pkg Southern Style (diced) Hash browns (small pkg)
3 cans LOW SODIUM chicken broth (the low sodium is important)
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated celery (I chop them)
combine above together and boil until veggies are tender

Add ~ 1 pound Velvetta (can use low fat)
** orginal recipe calls for 2 pound Velvetta but that makes it super rich.
1 cup half and half or whole milk

I always cut this recipe in half but add extra chicken broth.

Tonight I served it with deli ham on croissants.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Dinner at your house must have been tasty, wish I had been there to join you.