Wednesday, October 29, 2008

G's October Spelling bee

I don't know which is more stressful, sitting on the soccer sidelines watching your son fly through the air saving the day or watching your son stand before his peers spelling words!

Last month we practiced and practiced, he knew all the words super well with exception of about 5, which he could get correct but sometimes messed up! I sent him off to school on the day of the classroom spell-off with great confidence. He came home and said that he'd miss spelled his first word ALIEN ~ aahgr~ he knew that one (had never gotten it wrong at home) but got nervous and started wondering about the IE or EI!

This month he just didn't want to practice, it was like pulling teeth to get him to practice with me. I sent him off to school with NO confidence in him at all the day of the spell off and he makes it!

Just How Can This Be?

His lack of desire to practice continued for the past week! It was stressful for me! but he had the attitude "if he'd made it through the class spell off he could do the spelling bee!"

Round 1~
His first word was CALENDAR, I thought they said Challenge so when I heard him start out CA.... I thought he had it wrong.. Good thing I heard wrong! He moved on to the second round.

Round 2~
The word was SUM ~ they are suppose to say the word, spell the word and say the word to signal that they are finished spelling. The teacher that is conducting the bee... is pausing because G hasn't said the word to signal that he's finished ..... you can see what happens!
Make sure you turn off the music at the bottom!



round 3~
His word was DIFFERENCE.... he left out an F.

Great Job G ~ Bee

No comments: