Friday, October 24, 2008

Tuesday

Soccer Senior's Night
Tonight is the last game of League play, and it's senior night.... long ago (a couple of months ago) I signed up to help with Senior Night. I really just wanted to handle something that had been delegated to me, you know something small, like flyers, or balloons. Well, that didn't happen, remember my #81 (on my 100 list). I was in charge. By this morning I had delegated things, gathered money and had a plan. Today was a busy day, but really just going to Costco and remembering all the small things.
Before the Senior Pizza Party there had to be a soccer game...

it was like a hurry, hurry and then wait!~

I had arranged for the Madrigal group to sing the
National Anthem (which included W and 2 other Soccer players).

They may look like a bunch of miss matched HS students
but they come together and sound amazing~
I'm astonished by their sound every time I hear them! and tonight was no exception!

Let the game begin ~



This was a team that W had not ever beaten so the stakes were high, W didn't disappoint. Sometimes I worry so much about him, people are expecting SO much from him, he is just human and CAN'T save them all.
Amazingly he lives up to those expectations 99% of the time!

Tonight he did!
He saved a PK
(Penalty Kick ~ only the 2nd on ever in his soccer career)
and posted another shut out! This makes the 6th this season!

oh, wait the game.......then the RAIN came,
and did it come! but the game just kept going with a score 0-0
right into overtime #1 and then overtime #2, but just as OT #2 was about to end our their defense made a mistake ~ a foul in the box! we got a PK on them.

THE BALL WENT IN!
and we won 0-1
This win put this team in position of the
winning-est team in the HS's soccer history!

The game was over, the rain was falling and they called the JV game due to weather......

WAIT no JV game!
this meant that I was leaving the soccer field at the same time as 80 other people headed to the Pizza dinner.... NO, I was suppose to get a 45 minute lead time on them!

Oh, well... I backed up to the school and handed something to everyone that walked by.
It all worked out.


We honored the Seniors by picture posters of their life or pictures of their soccer career, then they'd filled out questionnaires about their favorite soccer memories and we read those,

a local photographer that had been shooting the games all season presented each of them with a DVD of the season's pictures
(the really cool thing, he personalize the cases and DVD with their picture)
,then the picture slide show shown to everyone

AND of course we had pizza (30 of the them to be exact)and cake!
It was great night! and it's always better when they win!

No comments: