Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday's Rambling: The Mayor and her TAXI

Today as I walked to my car after another disappointing Walmart trip, I saw a scene that warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face.

The Mayor of the little town that I live closest to was in front of Walmart. She was helping a older gentleman and his what appeared to be blind daughter into her TAXI. Yea, that's right the mayor drives the TAXI in town. When she finished helping this couple into her car, she slowly pulled to the other entrance, stopped, got out and helped another elderly gentleman and his purchases into her TAXI.

It's not uncommon to see her in the grocery store, juggling several list and a cart with carefully piled items (with items in each corner of her basket and then a pile in the seat area). She's shopping for the house bound elderly in our town.

She sits in her taxi in the elementary school lines dropping off or picking up students who's parents can't do it.

When her husband recently died the TAXI didn't sit still, her son and daughter in law ran it for her for a couple of days.

This town loves their mayor and her TAXI and she loves them!

I feel like there should be a musical number in the back ground of Paul Simon singing, "My little Town"

OH, and I won't go into the fact that she also runs the only laundry mat in town and what she does there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its always good to hear the GOOD news....what a interesting story.
Thanks for sharing. je